Market Coupling Steering Committee (MCSC)
In January 2022, a new joint governance structure was implemented in order to achieve a better cooperation between NEMOs and TSOs in the SIDC and SDAC projects. All NEMOs and TSOs have been working intensely over recent years to achieve a truly integrated European electricity market. By integrating the decision making for both the day-ahead and intraday timeframe, the new structure will ensure further coordination, foster efficiency and create a faster decision-making mechanism.
Therefore, SDAC and SIDC have been merged into a single Market Coupling Steering Committee (MCSC) that includes representative of all parties involved.
MCSC activities are supported by horizontal joint groups which address the legal and communication aspects of the couplings. In addition, on the SDAC side, there are four joint groups which deal with the following: Market and System Design, Procedures and Operation, Simulation Facility, and 15min ICG. On the SIDC side there are three joint groups dealing with: Operations (OPSCOM) and Change Control, Quality Assurance and Release Management (QARM), and Market and System Design (MSD).
The governance of the SDAC consists of three layers, which are governed by separate agreements.
- Joint NEMOs and TSOs: governed by the Single Day-Ahead Coupling Operations Agreement (DAOA);
- Only NEMOs: governed by the All NEMO Day Ahead Operation Agreement (ANDOA);
- Only TSOs: governed by the TSO Cooperation Agreement for Single Day-Ahead Coupling (TCDA).
The governance of the SIDC consists of three layers, which are governed by separate agreements.
- Joint NEMOs and TSOs: governed by the Intraday Operation Agreement (IDOA)
Only NEMOs: governed by the ALL NEMO-Intraday Operation Agreement (ANIDOA)
SIDC - Single Intraday Coupling
The aim of Single Intraday Coupling (SIDC) is to create a single pan European cross zonal intraday electricity market.View
Only TSOs: governed by the Transmission Cooperation Agreement (TCID)
SDAC - Single Day-ahead Coupling
The aim of Single Day-ahead Coupling (SDAC) is to create a single pan European cross zonal day-ahead electricity market.View
- 8 June 2022: Participants pleased with first Market Coupling Consultative Group meeting
- 7 February 2022: Market Coupling Steering Committee (MCSC): NEMOs and TSOs significantly enhance their cooperation around market coupling in the day-ahead and intraday timeframe
CACM Annual Reports
CACM Cost Reports
ENTSO-E Market Reports
Joint Steering Committee meeting minutes
- June 2022 MCSC Joint Steering Committee meeting minutes
- April 2022 MCSC Joint Steering Committee meeting minutes
- February 2022 MCSC Joint Steering Committee meeting minutes