ENTSO-E publishes the Implementation Guidance Documents (IGDs) on the Frequency Related Parameters and the Response to the comments received during the public consultation of those IGDs.
Over the last months ENTSO-E has been working on drafting a set of very important Implementation Guidance Documents (IGDs) on frequency stability related issues. These IGDs will greatly support the national implementation process and will provide more information and clarity to both TSOs and relevant stakeholders on a set of non-exhaustive requirements.
To complete this task efficiently, ENTSO-E has drafted and published at the beginning of March 2017 a Roadmap Guidance for frequency stability requirements. The main goals of this roadmap (according to the Connection Codes as well) were to:
- Ensure coordinated approach at synchronous area level of the national implementation on frequency related parameters.
- Ensure transparency on the approaches, processes and decisions taken in each country
- Timing of implementation guidance must be compatible with the timing of each country’s national implementation process to be informed by this guidance. The overall timing is driven by the deadlines of NC RfG, which was the first connection code to enter into force.
- Timing for the elaboration of European standards is also to be considered.
- Coherence between Connection and Operation codes/guidelines need to be ensured.
The Roadmap involved:
- Extensive internal coordination incl. regional expert groups and system operation expertise.
External coordination with stakeholders incl. three public workshops, a survey to manufacturers and further stakeholder discussions at the Grid Connection European Stakeholder Committee (GC ESC), to ensure timely and valuable feedback from different stakeholders.
After a period of one-month public consultation (20. November 2017 – 21. December 2017), ENTSO-E is now launching the final versions of those IGDs as well as the Response to the comments received during this consultation period. Please note that the IGDs are marked as **New** or **Updated**.